Monday, April 8, 2013

FCCB Challenge #155: Yellow and a Triangle

Hello! Rachel back again with another project for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. This weeks challenge is #155- Color and Shape, use Yellow and a Triangle. I decided to make a Birthday Hat Gift Box! 
I started by cutting the box from the Artiste cartridge found on page 53 at Fit to Page which came out to be 5 3/4".   I also cut the rosette from page 50 at 3/4" and the banner from page 35 at 1 1/4" and coordinates with the matching birthday stamp that is included in the Artiste package which you can purchase right here on this blog!
I'm using my favorite Chantilly papers for this project, I just love these fun colors!
The assembly booklet has instructions on putting the box together on page 28. I decided not to glue the bottom flap closed in order to use it as a little gift box. 
I placed double sided tape to the edge and bottom of the box and folded it together.  
Then I wrapped my ribbon around the bottom of the box, starting from the middle front edge.  
I cut off the ends once it went all around the box and met in the back. 
I took the banner shape and stamped Happy Birthday with the coordinating stamp set.  I used Pear Pigment ink to stamp this onto Buttercup cardstock.  Super easy!
It comes out perfect every time since you can see right though the acrylic stamps!
I inked the edge of the banner with Pear dye ink since it dries faster. 
Then I attached the banner to the box with 3-D Foam Tape, and assembled the rosette and attached it to the top of the hat.  I added a bow and sprinkled some green sparkles around for fun! 
The bottom still opens, so it can be used for a gift card or some candies or small gift. 
I hope you'll play along with our challenge this week!  Make sure to take a look at all the other fun projects submitted by the design team members HERE for some inspiration. 

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! I'll have to try this one, thanks for the inspiration and sharing!
    Melinda Strange
    Huntsville TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty party hat, I like the rosette at the top---great tutorial, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel what a wonderful idea! You are always very inspiring and I look forward to learning from your technics. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun box! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great job Rachel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! Love the inking on the sentiment! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers, thanks for leaving us a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...