Saturday, December 8, 2012

Artiste Peace Shimmer Card

Happy Saturday! Today's card is using something that I've had my eye on for a while and just couldn't come up with how to use it. I really like the look of the PEACE banner on the Artiste booklet, page 80, so here's what I came up with. It's a quick and simple card!
I cut the PEACE banner at 1" and paired it with a fun shape from page 65 (Accent 4/shift) cut out in Ruby cardstock at 2", and cut again out of Pear and Partridge at 1 3/4".


I inked the edges of the shapes, wrapped the green ones with some red Baker's Twine, layered them and added a Bling Gem to the middle. I adhered these to the top and bottom of a Kraft card. I left the middle open to place my banner, but I wanted to put some shimmer trim behind the lettering to make it pop. I placed the banner down and marked where the lettering was so I would know where to place the tape.




I placed two rows of Shimmer Trim onto the cardstock, and then adhered the banner over the top of it.


Don't forget to add the little piece that goes inside the letter "P"! I love my CTMH tweezers to get jobs like this done. They are fantastic!
I added a couple of my favorite Bitty Sparkles to the banner, and there you have it! Simple, huh?

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

We love to hear from our readers, thanks for leaving us a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...