Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Another Artiste Ornament Star

Hello! Like a lot of you, I was also inspired by the beautiful Ornament Star that my friend Elvia made on THIS post. So of course, I just had to make one myself! Here is how it turned out, and a tutorial.


I started by cutting out the pieces needed from page 53 of the Artiste booklet. The accent 2 ornament shape.
I used one sheet of Pear and Partridge to cut them out. You'll also need to cut out a 2" circle for the base.

Here are all the pieces, and by turning over the 2 1/2" pieces, you can show the color on the other side. I forgot to cut these pieces out in solid form like Elvia did! Oh well, I went with the all lacy style :)

I used my Martha Stewart Score Board to score a line down the middle of each piece.

This is how the pieces will be glued together once they are scored. Notice that the green ones have 3 pieces to them, and the others have only 2 pieces.

I inked the edges of all the pieces and glued them to each other to make 5 points for each of the 3 layers. then I began to assemble the ornament by adhering the 3" points to the base circle to form a star shape.

Then the 2 1/2" green points get glued to the base in between these.

Finally, the 1 3/4" small points get glued on top. Elvia glued hers directly on top of the middle layer, but I rotated mine a little. I used liquid glue to make sure it held together nice and strong.

I added a pearl to the center and on the tips. I couldn't decide on a ribbon, so I didn't add that yet. I may even make a second one like this and glue them together back to back to make a totally 3-D star! Let me know if you were inspired to make one of these, too, I'd love to hear from you :)
Happy Crafting!

19 comments:

  1. So I din't win the lottery and can't quit my job and just follow your blog and craft...SIGH! Love this so much! There just aren't enough hours in the day. I love coming here every night and living in your world. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If/when you win the lottery, Vicki, I hope you'll come and visit me so we can craft together! :) Thanks for always leaving a kind message on our blog posts, it makes me feel like it's worth the time and effort to do it, and I really appreciate the feedback! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome, Rachel. And your directions are also awesome - so easy to follow. Thank you for all your ideas. Now to find your mustache idea . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cheryl! The mustache pops are on the September 21 post....good luck at your craft fair!!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful project!! Even more amazing directions! Thanks for letting me enjoy the Artiste cartridge even more - couldn't do it without your help, so THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! It really is an awesome cartridge, isn't it?!

      Delete
    2. Rachel,
      I just love your work and how your directions are so detailed. I am going to try making one 3-D and using it for an ornament exchange! I agree CTMH AP and Artiste are must have cartridges/stamp sets!
      Kathy

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the thorough instructions and great pictures. I love both of the finished ornaments, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous!!! Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this wonderful ornament! Your directions were so precise and easy to follow....love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made my first one and I love it. I made it in white and cranberry. Thanks so much for the great instructions. Now I know what I will be making everyone for a decoration next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. where do I buy the part to cut out the design? is there a special cutout stamp to buy? please email me briguyct@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Digital Image Set, Close To My Heart - Artiste it's about $50.

      Delete
  9. What cricut cutter did you use. I'm just getting started. just got my Cricut. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can email me at starsnstripesfreedom@yahoo.com to find out what special cutout stamp or cartage to buy so I can start making them ASAP. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers, thanks for leaving us a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...