Monday, September 3, 2012

Artiste Masculine Shirt Card

I always have a hard time when I have to make a masculine card.  If you've seen my other projects on this blog, you already know that I LOVE bling, and girly ribbon! So I was excited to see this Men's Shirt Card on the Artiste Cartridge to fill that creative void. It even has an envelope to match, how easy is that!

My tip for making sure that the card fits the envelope: Cut the envelope on 'fit to page' and then it will tell you what size to cut the card! In this case, it said 4 3/4", so that's what size I cut the card, tie, and pocket shapes. 

You can see that the envelope ends up actually being 5 1/4" square, and the card itself is 4 3/4" so it fits the envelope perfectly!  Don't forget that you also cut the coordinating shapes at the same size so they will automatically adjust to fit that card size.  I used the Dakota paper since I thought it looked like a fabric pattern.  This cute card can be found on page 75 of the handbook, which is the Happy Father's Day/ #1 Dad themed key. 
I inked the edges of all the shapes with my favorite new Slate ink.  I didn't put a sentiment on it yet since I thought it could be used for many different occasions: Male Birthday, Father's Day, New Job, Male Congratulations of any kind.  I will add the sentiment once the occasion arises.  
I hope you're having a wonderful holiday weekend! 
Happy Crafting! 


2 comments:

  1. Love your version of the shirt and tie.Isn't it wonderful how we can all take a cut and make each our own.Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you cut and figure out to make it..I wish to use the same technique while design my own Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers, thanks for leaving us a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...