Tuesday, August 14, 2012

3D Artiste Flower Box

Wow, I am still amazed at all the fun things you can make with the new Artiste cartridge!  Remember when I made the 'thanks' card?  Well on that same page in the handbook, I noticed an interesting 3D item.  See that flower next to the thanks card on the B key?  I looked at the corresponding page in the assembly book, and saw that it is a kind of explosion flower box!  It is not glued together, but the outside of the flower goes around the top of the box when gathered up, and it makes a 3D flower.  Cute, huh?  I just had to try it!
















I first cut the base piece on Fit to Page, and noticed that it cut out at 4 1/4", so then I cut the flower at the same size to fit.  I'm using the CTMH Pemberley Papers, I love these!
















I inked the edges of the box and flower with Bamboo ink, and added some cute brown and tan Sparkles to the flower randomly just to give it some shine.  Then I gathered up the box and pushed the top up through the middle of the flower.  What do you think?
































What a fun way to package a gift of jewelry or some candy!  Thanks for visiting today, and please leave me a comment to let me know what you think about this project.  Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

We love to hear from our readers, thanks for leaving us a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...